Bent Ericksen & Associates has been the recognized leader and “most trusted name in the profession” of human resources and employment law for over 25 years. They have surveyed hundreds of team members, and the following list indicates the first 6 aspects of what team members say would contribute to their productivity and sense of satisfaction on the job:
- Ethically sound business principles and quality services
- A consistent management style where policies are friendly, frank, fair and firm, consistently applied and clearly explained in writing
- A pleasant and harmonious work environment with minimum stress
- Adequate facility, instruments, tools, equipment and supplies
- Competent, supportive and compatible team members
- Assistance in learning:
To become more skilled
- To develop communication skills
- To make decisions
- To take initiative
If you’re an employer, are you surprised by what’s on this list so far? How are you doing at providing for your team what’s on this list? In what areas do you feel you lack?
If you’re an employee, how do you feel about this list? Do you agree so far? Would you change the order in any way?
Can you see how important it is for the manager/owner of the business to be on the same page with the rest of the team?
Tune in to my next post—same blog time, same blog channel—for the bottom 6 on the list!