Preparing to give a message to the world is more time consuming and more expensive than I thought. It also takes mental, physical and emotional energy to reach the crossroads where content, delivery and inspiration meet. I find myself thinking about my speeches as I fall asleep each night; and my speeches are the first thought I have when I awake in the morning.
Toastmasters International has paid for my airfare. I leave Seattle and arrive in Las Vegas on August 12, 2015. That is the only cost that Toastmasters International is covering. That leaves so much more for me – a starving author/speaking – to come up with.
It’s not easy to ask for help, but it is a necessity for me in this case. Below I have listed four ways that you can help my message reach a world audience.
1. Practice makes perfect. I am speaking my message to audiences large and small as often as possible. I encourage you to host an event where I can give my speech(es) and get feedback from the audience. It would be very helpful if I could sell my book at the same event. Please contact me with opportunities: email@example.com
2. Buy my book. SELF Centered Leadership: Becoming Influential, Intentional and Exceptional was published in December, 2014. My speech content has been taken from the stories in my book. SELF is an acronym for the four traits I believe we all must posses to become EXCEPTIONAL LEADERS. My book is available on my website in paperback, and on AMAZON in paperback and Kindle.
3. Hire me to coach you and/or your team. If you are preparing a presentation and you’d like some feedback – I am the 2015 Toastmasters International District 2 Evaluation Champion – I can help. If you are looking for a new job or career and you’d like some direction; perhaps you’d like to discover your strengths and weaknesses in communication and leadership – I wrote the book on it – I can help. If you’re a business owner and you’d like to decrease your staff turnover rates, or you’re hiring a new team member – I’m certified to use the Drake P3 system from Predictive Performance International – I can help.
4. Go fund me. If you are in a position to donate financially, I’d appreciate it. You can help me pay for my hotel in Vegas, and pay for some coaching I need help with in order to deliver a winning world-class speech. Your donation will not be in vain – I’m offering products and services as a thank you. Go here to donate: http://www.gofundme.com/WorldSpeech
5. Share this blog with your friends. It’s always nice to share, so please let your friends and social media followers know how they can help me prepare to share my message to the world.
I thank you very much. I appreciate your support in any way you can provide it.
By the way, I was recently featured on LifelongEnerjoy blog. The post is titled How to Forgive the Beasts in Our Life. It’s a short post about my winning speech – it even features a version of my winning speech. Take the opportunity to watch it, and please comment on the blog. We bloggers look out for each other.
This week I’m speaking at several locations. Perhaps you’d like to hear my latest speech, BUMPS.
Monday, June 22 2015: Seriously Funny Toastmasters 6:30 pm
Wednesday, June 24 2015: Sammamish Star Performers Toastmasters 6:30 pm
Thursday, June 25 2015: Beacon Speakin’ Toastmasters 4:35pm (not a competition speech event)
Friday, June 26 2015: TM2: T-Mobile Toastmasters 12:00pm